Why lot choice is important
When you’re looking for a new home, it’s important to find the perfect lot. The right lot can make all the difference in your enjoyment of your new home. A great lot is one with an established landscaping, attractive curb appeal and a good location. A bad lot is one with a poorly placed house, no curb appeal and no landscaping. The latter won’t just lower the value of your home it can make you dread coming home every day. The lot you choose is also something you’ll have to live with every day, so you want to find the right one. To help you do just that we’ve assembled this list of great tips for buying the perfect lot.
Location: the importance of location
Location is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a lot for your new home. Consider what’s important to you and your family when choosing a location. Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect location for your new home:
- Think about the future. Is the neighborhood growing or declining? Are there plans for new developments that could impact your quality of life? It’s important to think about both the present and future when choosing a location for your new home.
- Don’t forget about commute times. If you have a long commute, you may want to choose a location that’s closer to work or other activities.
Size: finding the right size
It’s no secret that the size of your lot can have a big impact on your quality of life.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the perfect size for your new home:
- Consider your needs. How much space do you really need? Do you have a large family or entertain often? Do you need a yard for pets or children to play in? Answering these questions will help you narrow down your search.
- Location, location, location. The size of your lot will also be dictated by its location. If you’re looking for a larger lot in the city, you’ll likely have to pay more than you would for a comparable sized lot in the suburbs.
- Maintenance and upkeep. A larger lot means more work when it comes to keeping up with the landscaping and exterior maintenance.
Shape: the perfect shape for your needs
When you’re ready to purchase a lot for your new home, you want to make sure it’s the perfect shape for your needs.
Consider the size of your home. You’ll want to make sure the lot is big enough to accommodate the size of your home. If you plan on having a large home, you’ll need a bigger lot.
Think about the layout of your home. The shape of the lot will impact the layout of your home. For example, if you want a ranch-style home, you’ll need a rectangular-shaped lot. If you want a two-story home, you may be able to get away with a smaller lot if it’s shaped correctly.
Think about future expansion.
Weighing the options
After you narrow your search to a few neighborhoods that fit your family’s needs, it’s time to start evaluating individual lots. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you weigh your options.
First, take a look at the topography of the property. Is it level or sloped? A sloped lot can be more challenging to build on, but it may also offer stunning views.
Second, think about the orientation of the lot. Does it get good sunlight? Is it private or open to the street?
Finally, when it comes to finding the perfect lot for your new home, it’s important to take your time. There are a lot of factors to consider, and rushing into a decision could lead to regret later on.